Upgrade your browser!
You''ll enjoy this experience much more in a modern browser.
Plus, we can''t guarantee everything will work correctly for you in this old browser. Check out this list of modern browsers that we think would be a good replacement.
- Wednesday, Apr 21, 2021 12:00 PM - 3:00 PM CDT
Sorry, this event is not available.
This event was available from Saturday, January 9, 2021 12:00 AM until the event start date.
The 2021 Inclusive Innovation Summit is a premiere virtual event taking place from Noon to 3:00 PM on April 21, 2021 and presented in partnership by the UT Dallas Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, The DEC Network, QuTD, The Galerstein Gender Center, and Blackstone Launchpad & TechStars. This event will highlight individuals in underrepresented communities who have forged innovative careers, teach attendees how to create safe spaces in entrepreneurial culture, highlight companies who foster intersectionality between inclusion and innovation, and inspire future entrepreneurs and innovators.
12:00 PM- Welcome & Opening Remarks
Dr. David Troutman, Associate Vice Chancellor, UT System
12:10 PM - Keynote: D&I in Branding
Madeline Di Nonno, CEO, Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media
12:45 PM - Keynote Fireside Chat
D&I in Tech Innovation and Product Development - Shrikant Ganesan & Ajit Thomas, Accenture
1:15 PM - Three Breakout Sessions (45 minutes):
FOUNDERS' STORIES AND COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Moderator: Leah Frazier (she/her), President, Think Three Media
- Anjie Vichayanonda (she/her), Founder, Leg Up Legal
- Michelle Gruben (she/her), Founder, Grove & Grotto
- Clio Yun-Su Davis (they/them), Game Designer & Cultural Consultant
- Matt Houston (he/him), Founder & CEO, MLH Enterprises
CREATING SAFE AND INCLUSIVE SPACES
- Matt Winser-Johns (he/him), LGBT+ Programs, UT Dallas
- Shrikant Ganesan, Managing Director, Accenture
- Michael Thomas, Executive Director, My Possibilities
- Andrella Thomas, Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging Consultant, Capital One
- Jessica Gonzalez, VP Operational Strategy, Santander
D&I IN VENTURE CAPITAL
- Maryam Haque, Executive Director, Venture Forward
- Benjamin Vann, Founder & CEO, Impact Ventures
- Craig J. Lewis, Founder & CEO, Gig Wage
- Moderator: Andrea Perdomo (she/her/ella), Network Catalyst, Techstars
2:05 PM - Closing Keynote
Punkie Johnson, Saturday Night Live
2:45 PM - Closing Remarks
Arthur Gregg, Assistant Vice President for Multicultural Affairs, UT Dallas